zaterdag 25 januari 2014

Frantoi aperti - olives and fun!


Even though the invitations from the frantoi – mills – are always very attractive, I never went to see the Frantoi Aperti before. After picking olives for hours a few days in a row and having to spend another few at the mill to have them pressed, I mostly don´t want to see another olive for at least a week.

Not this year. I was supposed to be picking all day, but (un)fortunately it was raining when I woke up and it seemed to come to no end so I changed plans. There were a lot of frantoi to choose from, but I had read an announcement from Olio di Trevi. Since I have lived in Trevi for ten years and my heart has not fully recovered yet, it was a great excuse to drive over there.



It turned out to be a very good idea. One was allowed to take a tour and see the machines running, which was very impressive and the smell was ever so good.















There were also a few old tools exposed among which this huge barrel, that I could not resist to share because it is so beautiful.












The shop inside offered a large choice of various products and they all seemed very nice, but I stuck to one bottle of olive oil because there will be my own in a few days, but I assure you the Trevi oil is one of the best.



Outside was really Fun with a capital F. I had a freshly grilled bruschetta with a stunning olive oil and the nice lady that prepared it for me was not too greedy on olive oil, maybe that´s why my pictures are a little hazy.. the oil dripped between my fingers and I felt like a little girl again.




























While eating I really enjoyed the band, Alter Ego, playing all well known songs like `I will survive` and they seemed to have a good time themselves too.










I ended my trip at a stall where cheese and sausages were sold. They sold various types of pecorino covered with corn, peperoncino, hay and a special one wrapped in olive leaves.


Even though I am sure that tomorrow by six o´clock I will tell you that I will never ever touch one single olive ever again, I know one thing for sure: I will go back next year, for I had a great time.  


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten