zaterdag 25 januari 2014

What´s another year

It´s my job to look back at things and see if there has been anything that could have made a difference. It´s also my job to look forward and calculate the risks in order to avoid them.
So it seems a good idea to practice in life.
(c) Monteolivo
2013 brought a lot of happiness. I am not going to write a top ten again because Pio and olives in Umbria will be nr. 1 and 2 again. A few of my favourite things will do.

(c) Monteolivo
My orto did its job and produced an abundancy of awesome fruit that I still have not used completely. I could even pick 17 kiwis and turned it into marmelade. 










(c) Monteolivo
The best thing is that I was given very nice recipes by people from all over the world so I could make some specialties, like fig-vinegar and pear chutney.









(c) Monteolivo
My own recipe brought me a tasty apple wine that turned out to be a little more effective than one would expect from the tast. I enjoyed it very much though.















(c) Monteolivo
Another groovy experiment was to prepare tea out of the herbs from my garden. It was fun to let the herbs dry, grind them, fill the Monteolivo teabags and end up with a box full of them, all provided with labels I designed myself. The tea tasted ever so nice, my precious roommate drank it all in two weeks. So next year, I will start earlier and produce more.






(c) Monteolivo
I can´t leave Umbria out of this blog because of everything I did, Umbria is still my best experience and my biggest desire. I spent a wonderful summer there, met new people, discovered new spots, visited old friends and places and was completely happy. I sat on the terrace every morning, watched the bird´s nest in my wall, enjoyed sunrise and cried out of fear of having to leave. And then something happened. But I´ll tell you about that later.









(c) Monteolivo
But it made my autumn an experience of pure joy and happiness in every single second of it. Picking olives is, as I said, always a pleasure and so is submerging in countrylife, but this time I was really part of it and it really was MY life. I lived it to the max.









(c) Monteolivo
2013 brought sad things too. I had to say goodbye to my dear doggy Uno and my beloved cat Vito. Rest in peace my best friends. It´s good to know you´re together and I am sure you are in a good and warm place.










So now it is time to say goodbye to 2013 and welcome 2014. You can´t tell future, but I can tell my plans. A bit of a risk for there are 17 days to go, but dreaming is allowed.

(c) Monteolivo
I am up to living in Viepri. Of course I can´t leave Holland yet, but the house is mine, I can make it my home. It felt like home, and now it IS: I can´t describe the feelings I have, but I can show you what it looks like.
´www.monteolivo-umbria.com











(c) Monteolivo
If you want to spend your holiday there, I can tell you good news. You can. I am going to rent it out. Contact me when you´re interested, monteolivo@planet.nl

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten